1. Bu site çerez kullanmaktadır. Siteyi kullanmaya devam etmeniz halinde çerez kullanımı ile ilgili site koşullarını kabul etmiş sayılırsınız. Daha Fazlasını Öğren.
  2. Forum İllegal Uyarısı Forum kuralları gereği forumda video ve illagal paylaşım yapmak yasaktır.Program Arşivimizde ise kısıtlanmış sürüm yada dağıtımı serbest olan (trial - freeware) yazılımlar yayınlayınız..Aksi takdirde mesajlarınız silinecektir..

HD 1080i Test Pattern - detect Vector Adaptive Deinterlacing + others

Konusu 'Test Bölümü' forumundadır ve guclusat tarafından 18 Ekim 2010 başlatılmıştır.

1. guclusat

guclusat Tanınmış Üye Süper Moderatör

14 Haziran 2009
    Ödül Puanları:
    Functions: visually determine deinterlacing differences between:

- deinterlacing options - Weave, Bob, Adaptive, Motion Adaptive, Vector Adaptive (Ati Graphic Cards - CCC)
    - all other kinds of advanced deinterlacers
    - HD video processors built in media devices
    - how decoders, renderers, media players, drivers have influence

Many threads discussed the benefits of HDTV Vector Adaptive vs. Motion Adaptive or Adaptive Deinterlacing as a must-have but if it comes to the point of visible differences you read "..can't see nothing at all..?". Same with me and it took some rounds to spot the Motion Adaptive tiny stepping of moving diagonal, hard contrasted lines. Sports fields lines are good to show.
    But the stepping increases on large screens, 24" 1920*1080 or higher. Becomes nasty on >40" or projecting.

So I tested several line patterns and the most significant parts I combined in one pattern.
    Name: Käsescheibchen (I needed a long word for the ticker)
    Engl.: Cheese Slices

Download - Format (MPEG-2 Transport Stream - 1920*1080):

NTSC interlaced (USA, Canada & other NTSC-Countries):
    1080i - 29.97 fps - VBR, 20 mbps - (42 MB)

The NTSC progressive version may be good e.g. to watch the perfect structures and movements without any deinterlacing disortion (see below, "Description"):
    1080p - 29.97 fps - VBR, 16 mbps - (29 MB)

PAL interlaced for people coming from PAL-countries (Australia, Europe, China etc.) or to check out 50Hz abilities of devices:
    1080i - 25 fps - VBR, 20 mbps - (50 MB)
    PAL progressive: 1080p - 25 fps - VBR, 16 mbps - (35 MB)
    (-> remind: these PAL versions will judder with 60Hz PC monitors if they are unable to display 50Hz natively. Check up the monitor Tech. Specs.)

Upon request other formats:

SD 480i, 576i patterns, see bottom of this topic.
    H.264 1080i Cheese Slices Version -> here (Post #32)
    VC-1 1080i Cheese Slices Version -> here (Post #41)

Overview (cut-out, reszied 60%):

I tested using:
    - Win XP
    - Driver: CCC 8.11 - 9.8 ...
    - Graphics card: HIS HD 3850 AGP
    - hardware acceleration (DXVA) swiched on (and working)
    - Filter: CyberLink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD7, 8), Haali Media Splitter, AC3-Filter
    - Players: MPC-HC (but do not use the MPC-internal MPEG2 video decoder), DVBViewer
    - Renderer WinXP: only VMR9 features no resizing at all. Overlay mixer resizes a bit and to enable weave you have to force it in the CyberLink Video/SP Decoder -options. Vista: EVR

- PS3, WD TV (HD Media Player) to TV, Beamer - to test the deinterlacing abilities of their built-in video processors

I would be interested in how it works using software deinterlacing - my P4 is not fast enough to test that.

There is another good MPEG-2 deinterlacing test pattern:
    W6RZ - Alternating black/white 1, 2, 3 and 4 pixel strips with moving interlaced bar 1920x1080: vertrezmotion.ts
    but for my purposes it is not close enough to what is really noticeable in HD-video. And the difference VA - MA is hard to see.
    It is discussed here and as a MPEG-2 I think also "Slices" should work properly with the same OS, graphics cards (HD 4550, 4670, 4850...), players and codecs.

How to play:
    first, the HTPC should be already well-trained for 1920*1080 video. Any serious kinds of judder, tearing, (motion) blur or other disortions visible in "normal" HD-video, caused by masses of HTPC problems discussed in this Forum will of course restrain accurate testing results. On the other hand if you know what you do the patterns may help to figure out some of them. Easyest: 'am I really watching now damned VA deinterlacing?'.

Always swich to full-screen 1920*1080. But most effects will also be seen using less resolution screens (how that looks like see below - "Resizing". Zooming in may help for the details):
    In MPC-HT activate this option: View - Video Frame - Normal Size. To change position: <Ctrl+Numpad 6/4/8/2>

The patterns are rather short (~ 30sec. I'm not the upload-pro and still trying out). So the download is faster but you have to set the players to "repeat":

- MPC-HC: View - Options - Playback - Repeat forever
    -> BUT - changing the deinterlacing options in CCC will only take effect by restarting MPC.

- DVBViewer: this will only work using Overlay Mixer (EVR ??): add the pattern as the only one to the Playlist. Activate "Repeat" in the playlist menu.
    -> now changing of CCC deinterlacing options will be loaded "live" on every repeat.

First, don't get shocked - the pattern will NEVER look totally clean and "peaceful". I had to build in points (noise), lines and movements that can not be handeled by today's deinterlacers. And some that will be almost deinterlaced. But just in these parts the different video processors and deinterlacing options show determinable effects.
    And please do not try to compare 1080i vs. 1080p Slices in order to get the right answer cause it's irrelevant: not the fastest Computer or video processor in the world will be able to deinterlace into progressive!

Relevant for "real-world video playback" is only the picture-section I called "video reference" and even these pics are something you will see close to never watching "average TV". Only sometimes in playing fields, race-courses etc.
    -> Stripes like these are forbidden in broadcasting since first TV studio till today (wardrobe, stage/studiodesign ...). With the exception of banners and sports.. [​IMG] But may be - if one day 720p (progressive) becomes lowest standard the stripes will come back? Some 720p stations love it to start with an aggressive "full with lines" trailer all day long - just to bother the interlaced.. [​IMG]

All following screenshots in original size.
    CCC Deinterlacing options: Vector Adaptive (VA), Motion Adaptive (MA), Adaptive (A), bob and weave

Video Reference: Rel. minor stepping by MA, A and bob depending on the size of your screen.

Determine Vector Adaptive Deinterlacing:
    If VA is working, the lines in the orange tubnails of the ticker and in the "determine vector adaptive" section should remain lines, also in motion:

As you can see in the above screenshot (original size) the differences between VA and MA are very significant and easy to distinguish.
    If you are still unsure exit MPC, enter Catalyst Control Center and switch to Motion adaptive. Then start the pattern again. If there's no difference or Vector adaptive is not selectable in CCC you've got other problems...

2. guclusat

14 Haziran 2009
    Ödül Puanları:
    The Movements:

- Ticker: always 5 pixels per frame horizontal
    - Lines Movement: first up-down-up even: 2p hor. + 2p vert. (45°) --- second up-down-up odd: 3p hor. + 1p vert. (18.43°) --- 3rd+4th up-down-up even, like first.

Odd: (1, 3, 5 ... pixels): Till today deinterlacers have issues calculating odd-stepped vertical motion of lines and worse if the lines have odd diameters. In this case actually VA deinterlacing partly will fall back to bobbing.
    Accordingly the 3 even up-downs run more stable.

-> So if you do screenshots for others to see always shoot them during even movement! Odd is only an extreme test.

Determine all deinterlacing options of CCC:

- all options will flicker during the odd (2nd) moving up-down. The comments refer to the even up-downs (see "Movements").
    - some screenshots cannnot show exactly what you see watching the video. Below e.g. Adaptive and bob show a black+white "1p" rectangle. But video play-back will show both in white, flickering.
    - if you really see not flickering plain monochrome 1p fields (no lines) in grey or black+white that means DXVA (hardware acceleration) is switched off or currently or forever impossible in your setup.

Weave simply adds 2 consecutive fields to one. The even up-downs perform fluently but plus an ugly extra: combing.

what's more..

Of course there are many other details to describe (too much for the moment), here only a few:

The "response - noise" section, here shown in even (2x2p= 45°) VA movement:

In this area I collected pixel and line segments hardest to deinterlace. But, surprise surprise, on some of them Adaptive or MA do a better job then VA. Glimpse on algorithm combinations rendering real-state, "edge-fluctuation", or different kinds of noise.

Something I call "Deinterlacing Response":
    Normally short response time is best, but today's deinterlacers seem to tell us the reverse is true.. Here a weak attempt to explain: the deeper (so slower) the deinterlacer calculates algorithms on certain patterns, the higher qualified he is...

Next screenshot shows a nice "Fluxus" segment and if it starts moving VA produces kind of a fluctuating deinterlacing-zone. Inside the zone deinterlacing is (partly) possible. Cool, "Live" study the calculations progress! Visually analyse the bottleneck of (video-) processor speed.
    MA does also produce the shadow but much faster and not as wide. Adaptive and bob only flickering (fastest).

VMR9 (EVR ??) is the only renderer that I know with the ability of no resizing 1920*1080 video at all:

But: also players/options in players may cause resizing. DVBViewer e.g. will always resize!

Overlay Mixer performs slight rezizing:

Tiny resizing like above affects only to clean displaying 1 pixel structures of the pattern and is nothing visible in normal video.
    But will be well noticeable with all kinds of over/underscan or other resolutions then 1920*1080 (example):

Though motionless black+white horiz. lines cool & quiet, some coloured cause slight flickering even with VA, MA:

---------- Sonra gönderilen Saat 13:55 ---------- İlk önce gönderilen Saat 13:55 ----------

Ticker judder:
    first ensure the display device (monitor/TV/beamer) is able to render the display refresh rate (fps) of the play-back device (PC, PS3, Receiver, HD Media/BD Player) resp. the video refresh rate (fps) of the pattern.

Testing deinterl. abilities of other media devices (monitors, TVs, beamers, PS3, Receivers, HD Media/BD Players, ...)
    Important - ensure to set the output frequencies (fps) correspondent to the pattern.
    Using the 1080i Cheese Slices:

- set output of the play-back device to 1080i to test the video processor of the display device
    - set output of the play-back device to 1080p to test the video processor of the play-back device.

Most video processors built in "modern" media devices perform some kinds of MA. But there are amazing differences...

SD Test Patterns:

Most things like HD. DXVA switched on and working is a must have to see exactly the results in the screenshot. Regard that blowing up 480 lines even to a >17" screen will certainly cause much more deinterlacing incident. So some glasses on a shaking head are enough:

(All screenshots in original size)
    CCC Deinterlacing options: Vector Adaptive (VA), Motion Adaptive(MA), Adaptive (A), bob and weave

As you can see in this non-scaled screenshot the differences between VA and MA are very significant and easy to distinguish. Important is the upper fat rim of his glasses:
    - VA smooth, MA rippling
    Note: the lower thin rim of his glasses will sometimes show very slight rippling even with VA. Switching to full screen appeals like a magnifying glass to the ripples depending on the size of your screen.

If you are still unsure exit MPC, enter Catalyst Control Center and switch to Motion adaptive. Then start the pattern again. If there's no difference or Vector adaptive is not selectable in CCC you've got other problems...

Download - Format (all MPEG-2 Transport Stream)

NTSC: MPEG2 - 640x480 - interlaced - 29.97fps - 9200Kbps
    Audio: MPEG Audio 48000Hz stereo 192Kbps (silent - only to be compatible to some players)

PAL: MPEG2 - 720x576 (4:3) - interlaced - 25.00fps - 8000Kbps

..to be continued..

3. guclusat

14 Haziran 2009
    Ödül Puanları:

Sayfayı Paylaş