1. Bu site çerez kullanmaktadır. Siteyi kullanmaya devam etmeniz halinde çerez kullanımı ile ilgili site koşullarını kabul etmiş sayılırsınız. Daha Fazlasını Öğren.
  2. Forum İllegal Uyarısı Forum kuralları gereği forumda video ve illagal paylaşım yapmak yasaktır.Program Arşivimizde ise kısıtlanmış sürüm yada dağıtımı serbest olan (trial - freeware) yazılımlar yayınlayınız..Aksi takdirde mesajlarınız silinecektir..

Low Voltage Audio Amplifier (Alçak Gerilim Kuvvetlendirici)

Konusu 'Elektronik Devreler' forumundadır ve guclusat tarafından 19 Mayıs 2013 başlatılmıştır.

1. guclusat

guclusat Tanınmış Üye Süper Moderatör

Katılım:
    14 Haziran 2009
    Mesajlar:
    Ödül Puanları:
    This experimental (3) transistor class A audio power amplifier delivers 25mW into an 8Ω load, or 50mW into a 4Ω load using only a 1.5V power source. At such low voltages, there are many issues to consider and much to learn. To the best of my knowledge the following information is new to the world.

Background

Months ago, I indicated an intention to write a piece on low voltage transistor application for another of my Single Transistor Amplifier Revisited series. Then a few weeks ago, Daniela, who participates in our forum, asked the simple, but profound question: “what is the minimum operating voltage of a transistor?” While, Mr. Marian attempted to narrow the scope of the question, no answers were given. This is on the heels of a similar article concerning Low Voltage Operation of the 555.

Theoretical minimum vs. practical minimum voltage

For a silicon bipolar transistor, the initial voltage requirement is to exceed the Vbe junction voltage of 0.6V. Then, to be able to current regulate this voltage via a series resistor, the source voltage must be about double this or about 1.2V. (The rule of thumb for shunt voltage regulators is that the source voltage is recommended to be double the regulated voltage.) This is perhaps the theoretical minimum Vcc. The practical minimum takes into consideration low voltage power sources – in this case, the ubiquitous 1.5V single cell battery is perhaps the standard low voltage power source – this is the power source for my circuit.

Experimental circuit

Low-Vcc-Amplifier-Schematic-550x312.jpg

I have been toying with this idea for months and finally got around to bread boarding it. While it functions well, I am not suggesting that it is all that useful due to battery life limitations. I merely suggest that it is a really great experiment that shows what happens at low voltages.
    While the power is relatively low (25mW), the sound volume is adequate and would be quite loud with earphones. Beyond this, the loudspeaker efficiency and enclosure acoustics plays an important role in the output volume. The frequency response is good due to the use of direct coupling – it is limited on the low end by C1 to 8HZ, and on the high end to well beyond 50kHZ. The output stage quiescent current flows through the loudspeaker – not recommended for higher power applications.
    The direct coupling of the transistor arrangement (NPN, PNP, NPN) provides superior base drive required to saturate the output transistor.
    Efficiency is about 20% that is close to the theoretical maximum of 25% for a class A amplifier. Note that unlike class B or AB, the class A amplifier DC supply current remains unchanged regardless of the output signal level – this makes it a real battery-killer!

Ekli Dosyalar:

Son düzenleyen: Moderatör: 28 Nisan 2015

Sayfayı Paylaş